Whether you were referred by Equestria Daily or by a friend, welcome to the Brony Fan Fair website! We are so excited to have you here. You may be wondering, “A Brony convention in Austin? What’s all that about?” Well, to find that out, you should probably check out our About page, but here’s the short version of what B.F.F. is all about:
We’re a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fan convention in the city of Austin, Texas. It is our goal to bring together the Bronies of Texas to fearlessly celebrate their love for the show and to make new friends in the process!
We chose the name Brony Fan Fair due to the potential behind its acronym. The acronym, B.F.F., is also colloquially used as shorthand for “Best Friends Forever.” Plus the homonym between the word fanfare and the term fan fair just tickled our hooves.
But other then the idea, what have we been up to, you ask? Well, here’s a couple of things we were able to put together since the launch of our website.
Updates since our first post
- Venue & Prices: We’re further along in negotiation with a few venues around Austin and are looking for the best price to use their space in order to provide you all with a great and affordable convention experience. We will have a venue secured by Mid-May.
- Mascot: Brony Fan Fair will have its own pony designed to represent the company. Our good friend Amelie Belcher, the cartoonist behind Ami Army and a huge Brony/Pegasister, will be illustrating our mascot’s first appearance. Our mascot will be an Earth pony.
- Guests: Of course we will see about getting anyone behind the show, but if you have any more suggestions on who we should ask to come down to Austin, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, “GUEST SUGGESTION.”
- Programming/Events: Check out this list for some of the events we intend on having at the convention! You’ll also be able to submit suggestions for panels.
- Costume Contest Rules: A costume contest? Yeppers. We got a division for MLP cosplayers and a division for everypony else! Here are the rules for them. Note that anything written there may be changed at any time without notice. However, we’ll do our best to let you know in a news post.
- POLICIES. Policies everywhere: Please read our policies as they represent what we will expect from our attendees in order to facilitate a great convention experience. Most of these are based on Anime Overload‘s policies, modified for Brony Fan Fair.
Hope you’re pleased with what we’ve been able to put up! We’ve come a while away since our Under Construction post and we hope you’ll check back soon for more updates.
In the meantime, we look forward to further interacting with you on our Facebook page!
Peter C. Jiang
Brony Fan Fair Director