Have a costume and want to compete in our costume contest?
Everypony participating in the contest will do a walk-on: There will be TWO(2) divisions you may participate in. You may participate in ONLY ONE(1) division:
- My Little Cosplayer Division – For MLP:FiM inspired costumes only. However, original pony characters will not be able to compete.
- Everypony Division – For costumes not inspired by MLP. This includes comic books, anime, video games, and more.
Cosplayers in both divisions will have the option to enter as competitive OR non-competitive.
The Rules (applies to both divisions)
- All entries must maintain a PG rating. It must be suitable for a young audience!
- All stunts (such as fighting, jumping, etc) must be performed in slow motion at 3/4th speed.
- You must clean up after yourself. If something goes ON stage with you, make sure it goes OFF stage with you.
- Group entrees are limited to 6 people.
- At least 70% of your outfit must be made or altered to compete for a prize in the competitive subdivision.
- If you did not make your costume, or bought most of the costume, you MUST enter in the non-competitive subdivision in a division.
- Staff members and volunteers are not eligible to participate.
- As stated above, you may participate in ONLY ONE(1) division:
- Walk-on time limit is 30 seconds.
- You may not submit pre-recorded audio for walk-ons. Music will be provided by the convention.
Brony Fan Fair Awards
- Best Walk On: Based on stage presence. One winner will be selected from MLC division.
- Best Craftmanship: Based purely on technical skill in costuming, prop making, accessories and over all construction of the outfit. One winner will be selected from MLC division.
- Audience Favorite: Selected by loudest cheering from audience. One winner will be selected from each division.
- Best in Show: Based on the BEST entry overall; both craftsmanship and stage presence. One winner will be selected from the entire contest.
Please note that any of this is subject to change without notice.