Welcome to our Frequently Asked Questions page. If you have a question that might’ve been answered before, you’ve come to the right place. Make sure to read our Rules & Policies as well.
- What is Brony Fan Fair? – Brony Fan Fair is a one day My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic fan convention, held annually in Austin, Texas.
- What do you do at Brony Fan Fair? – BFF will have a number of events to enjoy, including but not limited to, MLP Sing-Alongs, a costume contest, a MLP music video & original animation contest, “Off-Topic” programming, artist workshops, and an exhibitor’s room for artist and dealers to sell goods.
- What time does Brony Fan Fair start and end? - On-site registration for BFF begins early in the morning with content starting shortly after and runs late into the night. Events are planned to begin at 10am and to end at midnight.
- Will Brony Fan Fair always be held in September/October? - It’s too early to give an absolute answer. However, Brony Fan Fair will always target the early months of autumn for their our dates, but never expect us to be on labor day weekend.
- Do I have to bring an ID with me when I register or pick up my pre-registration?- There are a few places you’ll need your photo ID while at Brony Fan Fair. If you do not have a photo ID, we suggest you get one, since that will make attending this convention a much smoother process for you.
- If you’ve pre-registered, you’ll need to bring your photo ID to pick up your badge.
- If you are under 18 and do not have a photo ID, you may bring your birth certificate, social security card or a school ID with your name on it. If your parents are attending Brony Fan Fair with you, they can present their ID in order to claim your badge.
- Checking into the hotel
- The hotel requires a government issued photo ID when checking into your room. The name on your ID must match the name on your reservation.
- Attending 18+ Programming
- We will have safety team members at every door for our 18+ programming. They will check to see that you have a valid badge, as well as a photo ID proving you are 18+.
- Is there an age limit? - Our primary demographic are teenagers and young adults of both genders, but we’re expecting fans of all ages attending Brony Fan Fair.
- Can I just drop off my kids for the day, and will they be safe? - Dropping your kids off is your choice as a parent or guardian. We have our own safety staff and hired out security at various times, but are not responsible for the well-being of any attendee on-site at Brony Fan Fair. In short, Brony Fan Fair is not a babysitter.
- Is there an age curfew for attendees under 18 for BFF? - While inside the venue, there is no specific curfew, but once outside of the Brony Fan Fair floorplan, you must abide by Austin, TX’s juvenile curfew. For more information, visit: http://www.ci.austin.tx.us.
- Am I allowed to take lots of pictures or video during Brony Fan Fair? - Cameras are typically allowed all throughout Brony Fan Fair with the exception of programming with screenings. If this policy is changed, you will be informed in the program guide, as well as at the event..
- I want to get involved. How can I do that?
- Join our staff
- We haven’t defined our staff roles internally yet, but once we do, we’ll be looking for staffers who can help out.
- We’re not open for volunteers yet, but hope that those of you that are interested will sign up when we are.
- Join our staff
- If I can’t go to Brony Fan Fair, can I get an event t-shirt online? - Of course you can! When we have our merchandise page ready for our Brony Fan Fair t-shirts, you’ll be able to order them no matter where you are.
- Does Brony Fan Fair host other events that I can get involved with if I can’t make it out to the convention? – The founders of Brony Fan Fair are key staff members of Austin-based anime conventions IKKiCON and Anime Overload. Although these two events are not exclusively MLP based, IKKiCON and Anime Overload boasts a diverse audience who share a love for internet pop culture, sci-fi, fantasy, and most importantly, Japanese anime.
- How many people attend Brony Fan Fair? - In 2012, Brony Fan Fair expected around 300 to 500 people, but opened to over 900. Brony Fan Fair is preparing for 1,500 people over the course of the weekend in 2013.
- Will there be a lot of kids at Brony Fan Fair? What is the primary demographic? - Bronies are known to be typically male and between the ages of 13-30. We also expect children ages 4 to 12. However, people of all ages and gender identification are welcome to attend.
- I’m an artist. How can I get a table in Artists’ Alley? – You’ll need to register for our Exhibitors Room.
- I’m a dealer. How can I get a booth in the Dealers’ Room? – You’ll need to register for our Exhibitors Room.
- Are any products off limits in the Exhibitors’ Room?- Yes, we will be periodically checking the Exhibitors’ Room for items that are prohibited, which are:
- Bootlegs, bootlegs, bootlegs
- What is the load/unload policy for Brony Fan Fair’s Exhibitors’ Room? - Please check out the Exhibitors page for that info.
- Is there a program guide? Can I advertise in it? – A program guide will be available for the 2013 year, but details on advertising space is still under works.
- I have a few events I’d like to advertise. Can I place flyers around Brony Fan Fair? - We’ll have at least one table near the Information Desk dedicated to flyers.
- Do you have registration bags? If so, can I put flyers in them? - Brony Fan Fair will have welcome bags for Very Important Pony registrants. To inquire, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What kind of programming should I expect during Brony Fan Fair?
Brony Fan Fair will have a number of events to enjoy, including but not limited to, pony music videos/animation, dances, cosplay contest, non-MLP related programming and more!
- What time does Brony Fan Fair start and end?
Brony Fan Fair registration begins early in the morning with content starting shortly after and runs late into the night. We expect to run events well into the night.
- I really want to see a certain guest, can you invite him/her?
You can always suggest any guests you want to see by emailing email@example.com. Some guests are harder to get, or even impossible confirm. In the end, it may involve a factor we may or may not control.
- How can I run a panel at Brony Fan Fair?
Check out our panel submission form and give us an amazing panel idea, be it MLP or not-MLP related! We’ll also post there if we need additional panelists for already listed panels.
- I don’t want to run a panel, but I want to suggest one. Can I?
Check out our panel submission form and give us an amazing panel idea!
- I’m a cosplayer. How do I sign up for the Cosplay Contest?
Check out our Cosplay Contest info page!
- Will you have any other cosplay events?
If there is enough interest, yes!
- I’m not 18 years old. Can I go to the 18+ panels anyway?
No. 18+ content is for attendees who are 18 years of age and older.
- I really want to go to two panels that are at the same time. Can you change the schedule?
- Brohoof - Friendly gesture between one Brony and another in the form of connecting knuckles together (or hoofs).
- Brony – A portmanteau of bro and pony, the term most commonly refers to the adult male fans of the show. These fans age typically between teenagers and middle-aged adults. Although the term refers to the male fans, the term has often been used to refer to adult female fans (see: Pegasister).
- Pegasister – Refers to adult female fans of the show, though not as widely used as Brony. A portmanteau of pegasus and sister.